Did you know that the Missouri Division of Energy has set up a program to certify the improvements you make to your home that improve your home’s efficiency and energy usage?
The program is called MHEC and you can apply via their website to have an auditor evaluate your home and issue you a certificate. These applications can only be submitted for approval by a certified auditor (HEA), so you will have to make an appointment to have your home evaluated.
The certification has two levels, Gold and Silver, and the review process normally takes two or three weeks. If you are wondering about the benefits of applying for this certification, here are some good ones:
- Discovering new ways to improve your home and save money on your utilities
- Documented proof of the current efficiency of your home
- Proof of added property value to potential buyers, when selling your home
Visit the MHEC website for more details:
- Missouri Division of Energy
- U.S. Department of Energy – Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance
- Home Builders Association of Greater Springfield
If you have any questions about how to make sure your HVAC system is running efficiently and cleanly, give us a call today. We look forward to hearing from you.
Gold Certificate Image credit: